Thursday, January 21, 2016

From Mexico to Canada

I'm happy to finally be able to officially announce that I will be attempting a northbound thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail from the US/Mexican border, 2650 miles north to Manning Park, British Columbia. 






I hope to start the week of the 18th of April, but that might be moved around depending on when I'm able to get a permit. The Pacific Crest Trail Organization starts issuing permits early next month, so I won't have an exact date until then.








For right now, I have been whittling down my gear list making everything as light as possible, using some lessons I learned while I was on the Appalachian Trail in 2012. My base pack weight (without food or water) is right around 7.39 Lbs. 








which ends up looking something like this


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment