Thursday, April 28, 2016

4-25

Day 4

Woke up at the campground just outside of mt Laguna. It was 7/10 of a mile away from the trail but we got a hitch there last night right as we got to the road. 

Stayed near a couple, Lamar and his gf, moritz (now named coinslot for the multiple appearances of his asscrack), Brianna, and a section hiker and his wife. Some little shithead kids threw a frisbee that hit someone in our group twice and when they ran over to get it they knock out someone's tent stake, so I went over and yelled at them.

Went to bed in my tarp for the first time this trip. I'm glad I did because it got pretty cold. 29° I was told. Started off the day pretty chilly and coinslot took off ahead of Brianna and I. We met up with swider and chips and stayed with them all day. 

We came to a campground with fire rings and one was still smoldering, so I peed on it before taking a couple water bottles from the nearby water fountain and dumping them on it. You know what smokey the bear says...

We did an easy 10-12 miles by noon and took a good long rest at the water tank near mile 59 at the sunrise trailhead. Stayed there for lunch and a siesta fiesta complete with karaoke from chips' phone. I didn't sing. It was the first time I had to filter water, drawing it from a horse trough. It was SUPER windy (25-35 mph) while we siesta'ed and still continues to howl (25-40mph) where we are camped near the fire tanker at mile 62. We're hunkered down behind the hill and building, using it as a wind break with moderate success. A 50' walk from my tent increases the wind exposure to laughable levels. CRAZY. WINDY. 

We ate dinner as a group and passed around the food we had excess of. Cheese, salami, and m&m's; on top of our regular dinners. 

We're all in our (dusty) tents/tarps now waiting to sleep, writing this as I listen to my own music for the first time this trail. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, we may decide to push the 16 miles (instead of the original planned 11) into town if it's bad. 

Update: it's STILL CRAZY WINDY. my tarp is pitched pretty taught and it's still flapping around. I just got hit in the face. I'm wearing a bandana over my nose/mouth to keep the dust out. My sleeping bag/feet are in a trash bag song could pitch the tarp lower and allow them to rub the tarp without getting condensation on it. But at this point, condensation will be flung everywhere anyway. So Ya. Not expecting much sleep tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment